Our Blogs



Enjoy Benefits of Dental Implant Dentures (Infographic)

There are many benefits of dental implant dentures that you simply can’t enjoy with traditional dentures. Unlike dentures that sit on your gums, dental implant dentures are securely attached to implants that are embedded in your jawbone. Among other things, this means you’ll be able to get rid of denture adhesive because you won’t need…

Read More »

Get a Great Smile With Teeth Veneers (Photo)

It’s hard to believe something as small as teeth veneers can make such a big difference in your smile. But seeing is believing! Check out this photo of one of our patients who improved her smile with veneers, then call 251-241-0890 to find out what they can do for you. Veneers are extremely thin “shells”…

Read More »

To Start New Year With a New Look, Get Six Month Smiles Braces

While 2019 might seem like a long way off, it’s just six months away. Many of us make resolutions regarding our appearance to start off a new year, such as losing weight or working out more often. You may decide to start cutting calories and getting more exercise now – or wait until later. But…

Read More »

Take It Easy When Pulling Kid’s Loose Tooth (Video)

When did pulling a kid’s loose tooth get so gimmicky? A quick Google search turns up some very unconventional methods of pulling a tooth, using a Nerf gun, a quadcopter, and a pet parrot. We recommend a less dramatic approach, using a tissue and a gentle squeeze. Watch this video from the American Dental Association…

Read More »

To Beat Dental Fear, You Need to Understand It

Have you got dental fear? If so, you’re not alone. Dentophobia, or fear of the dentist, is No. 16 on a list of 33 common fears on Ranker. According to the list, more people fear going to the dentist than flying, vomiting, or dogs. At Alabama Family Dental, we hope you’ll give us a chance…

Read More »

Transform Your Smile, Transform Your Life (Video)

An attractive smile is something many folks take for granted. They don’t realize how much it affects their daily lives and their self image. But if cosmetic flaws or dental damage has you keeping your smile under wraps, you’ll never take it for granted again! Watch our video to see Dr. James Whatley and some…

Read More »

Should I Get Dental Implant Dentures? (Quiz)

While dentures are a reliable teeth replacement, some dentures wearers struggle with a loose fit or teeth that become dislodged while eating. Dental implant dentures avoid these issues by keeping your dentures securely in place. Dr. James Whatley can attach your dentures to dental implants, after first embedding implants in your jaw. They’ll stay put…

Read More »

Find Caring Dentistry In Mobile, AL [VIDEO]

Do you ever feel like your dental appointments a blur of cold, clinical lab coats rushing you in and out the door? At Alabama Family Dental, we feel you deserve better than that! In our Mobile, AL dental office, we want you to feel like a person, not a patient. That’s why we take the…

Read More »

Get Teeth Whiter Fast

A whiter smile is a more attractive smile. According to a recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey, a whopping 96 percent of respondents think a white smile makes people more attractive. (And honestly, we wonder what is up with the other 4 percent?) The bad news is, the list of things in life that…

Read More »

Am I Ready For Cosmetic Dentistry? [QUIZ]

It’s tough to do things for yourself that will make you will happy if you think it’s more of a want than a need. At least, that’s what patients tell us upon the first consultation for cosmetic dentistry at Alabama Family Dental. But then, after they’ve been given the smile they always wanted, they say…

Read More »