People put a good deal of time and money into keeping their smile looking great, investing in cosmetic dental treatments like veneers, teeth whitening, and orthodontics. Yet when they lose teeth, many folks just accept that they’ll wear dentures that result in a smile that looks obviously “false.”
But it doesn’t have to be that way! With cosmetic dentures in Mobile, AL, you can wear replacement teeth and still feel proud of your smile. Call 251-241-0890 to visit Dr. James Whatley and find out how beautiful dentures can be.
Yes, beautiful! Unlike conventional dentures, which are made with a limited range of materials and molds, cosmetic dentures are carefully made to resemble the smile you were born with. (Or maybe a slightly idealized version of it.)
Don’t Let Dentures Hold You Back
Many dentures wearers worry about how they affect their personal and professional lives. A survey conducted by Survata found that 34 percent felt their replacement teeth limited their ability to live their lives to the fullest. More than half of respondents said they affected their love lives, while 38 percent believed their career was impacted. More than 20 percent said they had avoided a job interview due to dentures!
Another study found that 46 percent wanted to change the appearance and/or support of their dentures. More than half of people said they weren’t offered a choice of different materials or other options by their dentists. Given that, it’s no wonder more aren’t satisfied with the look of their smiles!
We’ll Get the Details Right
Dr. Whatley will work closely with you to ensure your replacement teeth meet all of your expectations. Working together, you’ll choose from a wide spectrum of shades and shapes for both the teeth and the base (or “gums”). You may want perfectly white, straight teeth. Or you may prefer teeth that look a bit uneven or worn, so they appear more natural. It’s even possible to get visible “fillings” in dentures if you’d like!
Just like natural teeth, the ones in your cosmetic dentures won’t all match exactly. This avoids the obviously “fake” look of so many replacement smiles. We suggest bringing some photographs of your smile before you lost your teeth. It’s a great starting point to begin designing your new look.
Enjoy Lots of Options, Including Dental Implant Dentures
Your two basic dentures options are:
- Full, to replace a whole mouthful of teeth. They can be designed to sit on top of your gums or to attach to dental implants.
- Partial, if you still have some teeth remaining. Instead of the commonly used metal clasps, you can get more natural-looking choices such as precision attachments or tooth-colored clasps. Like full dentures, they can be attached to dental implants.
Choosing dental implant dentures, instead of replacement teeth that sit on top of your gums, offers many advantages. They include:
- Better oral health and a stronger jaw. Dental implants act a lot like natural tooth roots, stimulating your jaw to keep it strong. Without implants, you’ll lose bone density over time. This can give you a “sunken-in” appearance that makes you look older.
- Better and more comfortable fit. Because your jaw won’t shrink, you won’t need frequent adjustments to ensure your dentures fit properly.
- Versatility. You can choose dental implant dentures that you can remove yourself for cleaning or ones that are only removed by a dentist. With the latter choice, you just brush and floss as usual.
- Easier care. You won’t need messy adhesives to keep your teeth in place. Put them in and forget about them!
- Stronger bite. You’ll be able to chew your food without worrying about slippage. So you can enjoy foods like steak again!
Your Experience Will Be Easy, From Start to Finish
It’s easy to understand why Alabama Family Dental has been honored with the Lagniappe Readers’ Choice Award for Best Dentist in Mobile. Unlike many dentists, we offer Friday and Saturday hours to make it easy for you to schedule appointments. We’re in our office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
We use patient-friendly technology like digital X-rays and fiber optic handpieces to ensure your dental care is always comfortable and convenient. If you’re anxious about any procedure, you can get inhaled sedation or oral conscious sedation.
If you want to speak to us about cosmetic dentures in Mobile, AL or anything else, call 251-241-0890.