Get Teeth Whiter Fast


A whiter smile is a more attractive smile. According to a recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey, a whopping 96 percent of respondents think a white smile makes people more attractive. (And honestly, we wonder what is up with the other 4 percent?)

The bad news is, the list of things in life that can make your smile look dingy is long:

  • coffee and other staining beverages
  • smoking or tobacco usage
  • staining foods like berries
  • certain antibiotics and other medications
  • aging

But there’s good news too; it’s easy to get teeth whiter.

Alabama Family Dental has several cosmetic dental treatments that will whiten your smile, including some that shouldn’t take more than an hour. Call our Mobile, AL dental office at 251- 241-0890 to find out more.

In the meantime, we’ve provided more information for you here on some of the cosmetic dentistry procedures we offer that will get teeth whiter.

Get Teeth Whiter With Teeth Whitening Treatments

You can visit our office where we’ll apply a professional teeth whitening treatment that gets your teeth up to six shades whiter in about an hour. Simply sit back in our comfortable chair and relax, listening to music if you’d like, while you wait for your teeth to brighten. If you’d prefer the convenience of professional teeth whitening at home, we’ll provide you with gel and a sturdy tray you can use at your convenience.

Maybe you’re wondering why you should use our product when you can buy a less expensive teeth whitening kit at any drugstore. That’s easy. They’re less effective because they contain a lower concentration of whitening ingredients. In addition to a more powerful formula, our teeth whitening products are:

  • Easier to use. We provide trays that are much easier to use than the messy strips or insubstantial trays you get with drugstore products. The trays will make it simple for you to get full coverage.
  • Offer more predictable results. We only use products we know and trust, so there won’t be any unpleasant surprises!

Not only that, but if you have any questions or concerns, you can call our office for help. You can’t do that with a drugstore product!

What If Whitening Doesn’t Work?

Not all kinds of discoloration respond well to teeth whitening treatments. Whitening works well on stains that only affect the outer layer of tooth enamel. But whitening won’t get rid of intrinsic stains, where the inside of your tooth darkens or changes color. Intrinsic stains can result from certain medications like tetracycline or a blow or other injury to a tooth.

And your enamel gets thinner as you get older, which can result in dingy-looking teeth. Also, certain kinds of discoloration respond better to teeth whitening procedures than others. In general, teeth with yellow/brown tones are easier to lighten than those with green/gray tones.

Dental Veneers & Dental Bonding Are Teeth Whitening Options

Fortunately, you can also get teeth whiter with either dental veneers or dental bonding.

Veneers are extremely thin pieces of tooth-colored porcelain or resin that are custom-made for you at a dental lab. Dr. James Whatley provides impressions of your teeth and other information to the lab. When your veneers arrive, he applies them to the front surface of your teeth. He removes a small amount of enamel from your teeth to prepare your teeth for the veneers. The entire process can usually be completed in two or three short appointments.

They offer several advantages:

  • Durable. With proper care, veneers will last for many years.
  • Versatile. In addition to stains, veneers can conceal flaws like chips, small cracks, and misshapen teeth. They can even lengthen the look of worn-down or too-short teeth.
  • Stain-resistant. They are made of materials that should stay white.

You can also get teeth whiter with dental bonding. Dr. Whatley applies tooth-colored resin directly to your teeth, then carefully shapes it so it looks natural. The final steps are curing it with a special light and polishing it. Bonding won’t last as long as veneers and is more prone to staining. However, it does have advantages.

Compared to veneers, bonding is:

  • More affordable
  • Faster, as it can be completed in a single appointment
  • Reversible

Interested in whitening your smile? Call 251- 241-0890 or fill out our convenient online form to request an appointment.